inSitu Sales allows you to geocode your customers based on the mailing (billing) or shipping address. This will allow you to see your customer locations in maps and create visual territories that can be set as routes for your sales reps.
After each customer has a geolocation assigned to the system you can then create routes for your sales reps with this tool.
Before starting this route creation guide, make sure all your customers have the desired delivery route address information on file.
NOTE: Accuracy of the location is provided by Google and the ability to do so might depend on the region.
- Select ROUTES from the main menu
- Under TOOLS select ADD NEW ROUTE
- Route information fields are listed on the left and a map of existing routes will be displayed to the right. Input new route information in the fields. To assign sales reps to the new route, click the drop-down button to display sales rep names
To update the geolocation, click on UPDATE CUSTOMER LOCATION under TOOLS
You can select to update the location based on either the billing address or shipping address.
Select the appropriate address, which should be the delivery route address.
After this step, the customers will show on the map when you select the ROUTES menu.
NOTE: If it is the first time updating location allow a few minutes for all the geolocations to update.
To create a route we must click on ADD NEW ROUTE
On this next page, you must assign a sales rep to the route (route assignments can be revised anytime). Route frequency can be customized by day of the month, day of the week, and/or week of the month.
Next click on the hand symbol icon above the map to start drawing. You must encircle all of the customers that you want to be included on that route. Make selection adjustments until all desired customers are included in the selected route.
To select the starting or end-customers you may click on them and then select the option.
You may also remove them from the route with this menu by clicking on REMOVE LOCATION
- The default options are for driving routes. To change to walking or biking, select ROUTE OPTIONS. There is also the option to select avoid highways and toll roads if desired
- Calculate the route by one way or round trip, then SAVE ROUTE and print as needed